About the position
Field Trip Health is looking for a licensed psychotherapist to join our innovative psychedelic psychotherapy practice. Field Trip’s program leverages cutting edge research in psychedelic medicine with evidence-based practices to offer modern mental healthcare solutions. The ideal candidate for this position will have an interest in and/or experience with the healing potential of alternate states of consciousness and a desire to learn and grow within this emerging field. The role will include administering psychological evaluations and intake assessments, developing individualized treatment plans, and providing ongoing therapeutic support throughout a client’s course of treatment. This may include conducting both individual and group therapy sessions designed to assist clients in developing awareness, improving coping strategies, restoring functioning, integration experiences, and enhancing overall wellness and quality of life. This is a full-time role with salary and benefits commensurate with experience. In some cases, part-time therapists (minimum 3 days) will be considered.
Why Field Trip?
As an initial hire for our Santa Monica clinic, you would help to implement and evolve a groundbreaking approach to treating depression, anxiety, and PTSD using ketamine-assisted psychotherapy. As a key member of a multidisciplinary team, your work would be an integral part of a growing network of practices dedicated to providing the best in class psychedelic care.
- Assess clients to determine eligibility, need for service, the nature of the problem, and personalized program recommendations.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan with the goal of improving psychological and physical functioning.
- Lead individual therapy sessions with clients within the context of treatment programs and provide ongoing support throughout the client experience.
- Document clients' progress on an ongoing basis and evaluate the extent to which outcomes have been achieved throughout the course of the program.
- Coordinate care and communications among clients, mental healthcare providers (therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, primary care physicians), and the medical team.
- Participate in research initiatives and the education of clients, students, staff, and the community through ongoing professional development.
Clinic hours are primarily 9-5 M-F, but evening and weekend shifts may also become available for those staff members interested in working these hours.
Acceptable candidates must have:
- Completion of a master's degree in one of the following disciplines: Social Work; Psychology; Marital & Family Therapy; Occupational Therapy or Registered Nursing program.
- Membership/license in the appropriate regulatory body that authorizes engaging in psychotherapy (ideally one that allows independent practice)
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience in individual and group therapy specifically focused on addressing common and complex mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, somatic disorders, and chronic pain, and trauma and stressor-related conditions.
- Trauma-informed care approach/training.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) model.
- Background in Motivational Interviewing, psychedelic-assisted therapies, mindfulness-based therapies, Somatic Experiencing, and similar modalities is a plus.
- Integrated, lived experiences that support clinical competencies are acknowledged and welcomed.
- Experience managing client flow and working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment a plus.
- A grounded, empathetic and warm presence
- A client-centered approach to care
- Impeccable listening and observational skill
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with adversity and an active commitment to personal growth
- Confidence navigating alternate states of consciousness
- Knowledge of transpersonal states
- Understanding of the physical and psychological effects of psychedelics
- Passion for learning
- Excellent organization skills, highly proficient at managing multiple priorities
- Able to work well independently and within a team