At Field Trip, our mission is to heal the sick, and better the well, through therapeutic psychedelics. We are a first-of-its-kind venture that is blending operational execution with strategic investing across all aspects of the psychedelics value chain — from basic research on botanical psychedelics to operation of world class clinics focused on psychedelics-assisted therapies.
Reporting to our Chief Technology Officer, Field Trip’s Lead Software Engineer will be a key member of our technology organization. You will be responsible for working with the Field Trip team to develop, expand, and maintain our proprietary set of digital software products as well as support Field Trip’s implementation of third-party platforms to support our clinical operations. You are a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic startup environment, and you possess a well-rounded technical skillset with the ability and desire to learn new skills. You love building software products and solving problems. As our first in-house Engineer, you will focus primarily on back-end development but must be comfortable owning all aspects of our technology stack, working with external development partners, and working with the management team to bring on additional engineers and technical resources as needed.
What You’ll Do
You will work with our internal and external resources to:
- Learn and take primary ownership of the existing codebase for Field Trip’s mobile and web-based applications.
- Work with our internal product team and external development resources to scope, plan, code, and release new features and capabilities within Field Trip’s digital products.
- Assist in architecting and designing Field Trip systems and data models on an ongoing basis.
- Build APIs between Field Trip systems and third-party partners to ensure a seamless client experience within the Field Trip technology ecosystem.
- Conduct unit testing and QA as necessary to ensure deployment of quality code.
- Research and make recommendations on technology stack and tools to improve and enhance our ongoing systems.
- Assist Field Trip’s internal team on extracting and structuring data for reporting purposes.
What you Bring to the Team
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal technical supervision.
- You have minimum of 7-10 years work experience as a software engineer and some experience coaching and leading other engineers and technical resources.
- Experience and strong skills working in the following languages and technologies:
- Back-end: Python, GraphQL
- Front End: React, React Native
- Framework: Django
- Databases: SQL, Postgresql or other relational databases
- You are highly adept with, and love to learn about, new technology tools and platforms.
- You have a strong analytical and problem-solving mindset, with superior attention to detail and a results-oriented focus.
- You are a people person with strong and clear communication skills.
- You are passionate about disrupting the status quo and excited to help revolutionize the way healthcare is delivered.
- You're the ambitious, “roll up your sleeves” type that's ready to get the job done