About the position
Field Trip Health is looking for a licensed psychotherapist to join our innovative psychedelic psychotherapy practice. Field Trip’s program leverages cutting edge research in psychedelic medicine with evidence-based practices to offer modern mental healthcare solutions. The ideal candidate for this position will have an interest in and/or experience with the healing potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness and a desire to learn and grow within this emerging field. The role will include performing comprehensive assessments, psychotherapy sessions, and continued engagement and monitoring of the patients as they progress through the treatment plan. This may include conducting both individual and group therapy sessions designed to assist clients in developing awareness, improving coping strategies, restoring functioning, and enhancing overall wellness and quality of life.
This is a full-time role with salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Assess clients to determine eligibility, need for service, the nature of the problem, and personalized program recommendations.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan with the goal of improving psychological and physical functioning.
- Lead individual therapy sessions with patients within the context of treatment programs and provide ongoing support throughout the client experience.
- Document clients' progress on an ongoing basis and evaluate the extent to which outcomes have been achieved throughout the course of the program.
- Coordinate care and communications among clients, mental healthcare providers (therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, primary care physicians), and the medical team.
- Participate in clinical supervision, relevant training, and staff meetings as required
- Acceptable candidates must have:
- Completion of a master's degree in one of the following disciplines: Social Work; Psychology;
- Occupational Therapy or Registered Nursing program
Must hold one of the following degrees: Ph.D., PsyD, Ed.D., LCSW, LMFT, LMHC and be licensed to practice psychotherapy in New York State
1-3 years of experience providing psychotherapy services in an outpatient mental health clinic
Prior experience documenting psychotherapy sessions in EMR programs
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience in individual and group therapy specifically focused
- on addressing common and complex mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety,
- somatic disorders, chronic pain, trauma and stressor-related conditions.
- Trauma-informed care approach/training.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Background in Motivational Interviewing, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Somatic
- Experiencing and similar modalities is a plus.
- Integrated, lived experiences that support clinical competencies are acknowledged and
- Experience managing client flow and working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- A grounded, empathetic and warm presence
- A client-centered approach to care
- Impeccable listening and observational skill
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with adversity and an active commitment to personal growth
- Confidence navigating non-ordinary experiences
- Knowledge of transpersonal states
- Understanding of the physical and psychological effects of psychedelics
- Passion for learning
- Excellent organization skills, highly proficient at managing multiple priorities
- Works well independently and is solutions-oriented